Sunday, November 23, 2008

Americans Flunk Civics Test. Again.

The Intercollegiate Studies Institute has an online civics test. Go to its site at americancivicliteracy.org and take the test. (Here.) When you're done read the ISI's depressing press release and compare your score to the scores of your fellow Americans. (PDF Here.)

Apparently, Americans don't know much about their own government. My favorite finding? A college education doesn't help. My second favorite finding? Elected officials scored worse than the general population.

I took the test and scored 32 correct out of 33 questions, for a percentage of 96.97 correct. I answered question 33 incorrectly. My excuse is that I misread the multiple choice answers for that question. Or maybe it was the last question and I saw the open barn door, lost my focus, and broke into a gallop. Whatever, it was still a wrong answer, dammit.

-tdr

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?