Saturday, July 21, 2007

The Birds Of Paradise: Part 11.


This hawk (a red shouldered hawk, I believe) has taken to visiting my backyard in the morning. (Photo to left taken at a distance; poor quality cellphone photo to right is of my back fence.) He hasn't gotten one of the many finches, mourning doves, and sparrows that use my feeders. He's so nonchalant about flying into the yard that it's almost as if he doesn't really want to eat, he just wants to show the other birds who's boss. Maybe he likes watching all the little birds fly off in a panic as he floats down into the yard. His visits remind me of a line from a Neil Young song. All the little birds that visit my yard travel with other birds. The hawk arrives alone. "Danger bird, he flies alone." (Here.)

-tdr

Technorati: , , .

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?