Tuesday, April 17, 2007

"It's PR, baby! PR!"

The Zero Gravity Corp. gets a bit of free publicity in Sunday's San Diego Union-Tribune. The paper devotes half a page in its travel section to a profile of the company and a virtual sales pitch for weightless flying. (Here.) There's even a fabulous photo of a happy, blonde beauty floating in zero gravity. (Here's the link one more time.)

How does Zero-G do it? Here's a hint. In an 18-paragraph story, company CEO Peter Diamandis is either mentioned or quoted in 8. Stephen Hawking is mentioned once. That's it. The rest reads like it comes right out of a company brochure. Diamandis is a PR dynamo. And that's a good thing. NASA could do with a bit of his wizardry.
Saffie: I'm sorry, mum, but I've never seen what it is that you actually do.
Eddie: PRrr.
Saffie: Yes, but...
Eddie: PR. I PR things. People. Places. Concepts...
Patsy: ...Lulu.
Eddie: Lulu... I make the fabulous... I make the crap into credible. I make the dull into...
Patsy: ...Delicious.
From Absolutely Fabulous. (Here.)

-tdr

Technorati: , .

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?